Ordering birthday cakes Corona CA
What is your story about birthday cakes? I don’t remember that we ever had a birthday cake for anyone in our family, including 4 girls, when we were growing up. When I was in the 6th grade, my mother surprised me on my birthday by bringing ice cream for the students in my class. A lovely memory.
When I had children I started making birthday cakes, especially since one of my sisters showed me the basics on decorating cakes. I had fun doing it. Share your stories with someone.
My birthday cake story continues with seeing what my daughter has done with birthday cakes. When her oldest daughter was two, she made a beautiful cake with fish on it. Every year, there were more cakes. And as the years went by, her cakes became even more delicious and spectacularly beautiful. Her creativity and investment in making the best tasting and best looking cakes began with a wedding cake for dear friends.
I think this is her 9th year in her Sweet Moments Dessert Company . Although making wedding cakes is probably her favorite order, she loves rising to the challenge of putting together something new for customers. Her Mockingjay cake stands out for me; as does her snake cake. You can view her gallery of birthday cakes and get an idea of the range of cakes she’s made.
How to order a birthday cake in Corona Ca
Laurice thinks that for everyone, ordering a custom made cake should be a simple matter. But she’s learned that some people have difficulty with the details. Without consulting her, I am listing the important elements in ordering a cake from her.
- What is your budget? Laurice’s custom made cakes are priced reasonably and fairly for the quality she offers. Please check the price list to make sure that you know how custom cakes are priced.
- What is the date when the cake is needed? as Laurice’s calendar gets filled you may have to order cakes way ahead of time. Don’t wait.
- What is the occasion? With the occasion clear in your mind, you can go online to explore all the cake ideas related to that occasions such as anniversary cakes, gender-reveal cakes, retirement/graduation cakes, etc.
- How many guests is the cake expected to feed? Laurice knows how much each size cake will feed whether it’s an 8 inch round or half a sheet cake or a 3-tiered cake. So it’s important to let her know the number of guests so when you are looking at kind of cake, she can guide you.
- Do you have theme in mind? For children, people have asked for jungle animals, Noah’s Arc, Frozen cakes for girls, Mickey or Minnie Mouse cakes, a carved Elmo or a truck. Or it could be very simple such as having certain flowers or geometric shapes or ribbons. For adults, sports cakes with a team’s logo on it or topped with sports equipment.
- Colors can be a theme too. Search on Google for ideas of how people have created black and white cakes, pink/green/purple/blue/etc. cakes. You will be amazed.
- Other decisions to be made: shape and size of the cake, flavor of cake, kind of filling, and kind of frosting.
Courtesies and deadlines about an order
Because you are ordering a custom made cake whether it’s a first birthday or a 50tth birthday Laurice needs assurance that you are serious about your order. Down payments by a certain date are required. Full payment is also due on a certain date. Whether you pay through credit card, through Paypal, cash or check, you need to clarify details with Laurice.
In my daughter, Laurice, you will find a talented baker who will deliver the very best she can. Many customers have been thrilled with cakes they’ve received. Here are excerpts from some of her Yelp reviews:
“Laurice bakes with her heart and every bite of our cake and cupcakes had a mouthful of passion, love, and pure decadence. Absolutely outstanding. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Thank you Laurice for making my daughter’s party so memorable and delicious. You’re the best.”
“Not only was the cake super adorable but it tasted amazing as well! All the flavors were there for our red velvet cream cheese filled cake and it was super dense and moist!”
“I gave her a request and showed her a picture and she made it better than I expected! Delicious too.”
Many of the reviewers are exuberant and excited. Read them for yourself. Hopefully you feel prepared now when ordering birthday cakes in Corona, Ca or from nearby communities.